Tuesday, August 01, 2006

gimpy

Do you want to know what one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen is?

A 15-month old baby with an unexplained limp.

Yes, that’s my boy. We noticed he was limping on Friday night. It was barely perceptible on Saturday, but got worse on Sunday. We ended up taking him to urgent care in a panic, thinking somehow he had fallen and broken his leg without us knowing. (Or without daycare knowing, because you better believe that was the first phone call I made when I saw the limp. But my daycare is awesome. I digress. )

The other saddest thing is two parents holding a 15-month old limping baby down on the x-ray table. I could cry just thinking about it.

But after two doctor visits and a trip to the hospital for x-rays, they didn’t find anything – no apparent infection, no broken bone, no nothing! Just a 15-month old baby with an unexplained limp.

He's getting better though, slowly but surely.

3 comments:

Newlywife said...

Poor baby! That's weird though...hmmm, was he drinking? Sometimes when I drink I go a little off balance, and one may perceive it as a limp.

Just kidding.

All kidding aside, I hope he gets better! Does he appear to be in pain? I can only imagine what it feels like to not be able to do anything for him when you think he is hurt. I will keep him in my prayers!

Emily said...

...maybe he was just trying to be funny and practice his pimp walk.

Amy said...

oh that would scare me. And the x-ray thing, yeah, that would suck. maybe he was just working on his gangsta walk? It's hip with 15 month olds I hear.

(Hope he's better soon. Feel free to post more adorable photos!)

P.S. Just now read UC's comment. I would have seemed so witty if only she hadn't posted first. Darn her! j/k