What up, peeps? Long time no see! Yeeeeeeah, well, I’ve been a tad bit busy this week with presentations, work meetings that last until 7 pm, then dinner out with girlfriends the next night until 9 pm… and then when I am actually home, falling asleep on the couch reliably every night promptly at 8:45 pm. I am awesome to be around lately.
So how is the pregnancy going? … you may ask. Well, except for the fact that MY PANTS DO NOT FIT at 15 weeks along (depressing depressing depressing), and the falling asleep on the couch every night, I have forgotten on more than one occasion that I am even pregnant at all. I know that sounds weird, but I just don’t have time to think about it this time around. So, I guess that means I’m feeling OK. Really, I can’t complain. Except in the case of my business trip next week, where I will be complaining constantly about being hungry/thirsty/tired. So who wants to travel with me? Remember, I am awesome fun.
Speaking of traveling… who has a book recommendation? I desperately need something good to read on the plane to take my mind off the discomfort I will surely be subjecting myself to in ill-fitting pants and a cramped airplane seat. Help a gal out.
If you’re lucky, I’ll post again sometime in the next few days to fill you in on the ongoing rat situation in our backyard. Just a little treat for y'all.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Here are five reasons why I’m starting out the second of two pretty crappy weeks:
- Evan had croup last week and stayed home for three days feeling terrible and sounding like a pack-a-day smoker.
- Now both Dave and I both have colds that we got from him (shaking fist violently at new preschool).
- You-know-who has stepped up the climbing out of bed routine, rendering us unable to sleep off our colds.
- In my current state, I can’t take any cold medicine that will do anything (shaking fist violently at the U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
- I just found out that I have to travel for work in two weeks. Pregnancy + unhealthy airport food + airplane travel = unhappy Bearca.
On the plus side, I seem to have rediscovered my love of Rice Krispies. Odd, I know. But delicious.