Tuesday, August 30, 2005

tomorrow

Tomorrow, I go back to work after four and a half months being at home.

Tomorrow, I won't get to take a lovely, mid-day leisurely walk pushing Evan in the stroller.

Tomorrow, I will get to speak regular English to grown-ups, instead of baby talk to a four-month old. (but I'm not sure it's better.)

Tomorrow, my time will neither belong to me or to my baby.

Tomorrow, I will probably wonder what I was thinking in coming back.

Tomorrow, I will wear waterproof mascara.

Tomorrow, I find out if I can hack this working mom gig.

Wish me luck.

8 comments:

undercover celebrity said...

You are a brave, brave woman. I'm sure your super-executive-woman skills will come right back to you. I can't even imagine what a different role that must be from "mom".

You'll be great.
Good luck!

Carolyn said...

It's going to be hard, but the best part about going back to work is the anticipation that you'll feel as you drive home to your little boy. Good luck!

Kiki said...

Good luck!!! You might find yourself talking baby talk to the adults. Be careful!! :)

karla said...

In an effort to make work seem a little more like your at-home life, try this: Offer to powder and diaper a few of your coworkers. It can be very comforting to have that little throwback to motherhood in the workplace.

I mean, I'm assuming it can. I wouldn't know.

I mean it.

Meh said...

Wishing you lots of luck. It's hard, but there are also nice bits. xxx

job opportunitya said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
Please proceed to my cosmetic plastic surgery blog when you find the time.

job opportunitya said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
Please proceed to my awful plastic surgery celebrity blog when you find the time.

job opportunitya said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
Go and find my awful plastic surgery blog.