Wednesday, October 26, 2005

OK, so I suck at the blogging.

My newfangled working-mom lifestyle hasn't left me much time for two major activities: blogging and working out. Oh, who are we kidding, I didn't work out that much before, but now I have a great excuse. HELLO, I'm a working mother. When could I possibly work out? And don't tell me to get up any earlier. Ain't happenin.

I just think it sounds so weird to have the "working mom" title. It sounds to me like I've suddenly become a 40-year old woman, and yet I still feel like I JUST got out of college. And speaking of college (and I promise you will see these two things eventually relate), I also realized that I don't really have time for cooking either. (Hmmm, see above note about working out - the same thing applies here.) Thank God I have a fantastic spouse who likes to cook and makes sure we don't starve. But right now, not starving is the operative word. In fact, the last time we went to the grocery store we bought two things I haven't regularly consumed since college (see, I told you there's a connection!) -- Top Ramen and Hamburger Helper. I crap you not.

I'm not proud of it, but it happened. It's not healthy, but as my mother says: "It will sustain life."

Over & out for now, I swear I will try to update more often...

2 comments:

Emily said...

I find great comfort in knowing that you realize you're being a blog-slacker. :) Glad that you're back!

...now, this Hamburger Helper business... pair it with some hot apples and you've got yourself a meal!

Poka Bean said...

don't forget the velveeta shells and cheese!