Number of sheets soiled in the process: 2
Hours of sleep I got that night: 4
Alcoholic beverages I consumed over the weekend: 4
There is nothing like doing barf laundry at midnight on Saturday night because you are running out of clean crib sheets and sleepers! And this was not the wimpy spit-up of months past. This was real, honest-to-goodness throw-up, complete with chunks and the vomit smell. I will spare you additional details (come to think of it, are there any? That was pretty graphic).
All in all, though, the weekend wasn’t a total loss. Some notable achievements:
- Bought a new dining room table!!
- Scheduled an appointment with the carpet cleaners
- Got a new baby gate for downstairs
- Went to the nursery to get some plants for the backyard
- Spent a bunch of time hanging out in the yard enjoying the hot weather
- Had my sis and her husband over for dinner (complete with some uber-delicious chipotle mashed potatoes)
So despite the chunk-blowing, it wasn’t a bad weekend. But is anyone else annoyed with the way they wrapped up the Sopranos episode last night? Barely anything happens all season and then they close it down for who knows how many more months. Thank goodness Entourage is coming back next weekend. Yay!