Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I can't believe I'm posting this

How do you remove peanut butter from a knife? Up to this point, my methods have included the following:

1) Use a paper towel to wipe off the knife. Then, place knife in dishwasher.
Pros: Effective
Cons: wasteful, not earth-friendly, multi-step process

2) Rinse knife and gum up dish brush with leftover peanut butter.
Pros: Knife ultimately gets clean.
Cons: Dish brush is gummed up with leftover peanut butter. Duh.

3) Leave knife in sink for two days and hope that the peanut butter somehow sloughs off on its own.
Pros: little to no effort
Cons: Many. Chiefly the fact that the knife never gets clean.

I lamented on Twitter this morning that there is no good way to do this. Right away I got back multiple responses identifying the simplest, most effective method.

USE YOUR TONGUE.

Hello. Why did I never think of that? Believe it or not, I have a college degree and everything.

Now I need to know... am I the only moron who hadn't thought of that? Please, make me feel better.

In other news, you guys, I saw Harry Potter last night! I LOVED IT. I was surprised by how funny it was. Not to mention sad. I may or may not have shed a few tears. Now, I'm considering reading book 6 again just to remember all the detail that the movie left out. Book nerd alert!

9 comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

Wasn't it HILARIOUS? I, too, was shocked. Going to reread the last one when I return from the Arctic (hi from the Arctic!).

Mama Bub said...

Fellow book nerd! I've already re-read book six in preparation for the movie. And, since I couldn't just stop there, I reread (is it reread or re-read?) book seven too! I do the same thing before each Harry Potter movie comes out. Just call me SUPER NERD!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Haven't seen harry potter so I can't comment on it, BUT...yes, a tongue removes peanut butter from knives very effectively.

Kristen Paulson said...

okay just stumbled onto your blog. love this. so becca. so witty. i love it!

Swistle said...

Now, how do we deal with the Nutella knife? ...Wait...an idea is coming to me...

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

oh that's always been my only way of removing peanut butter from a knife :)

Unknown said...

Haha!! Don't feel bad, I wouldn't have thought of that either.. even with how much I love peanut butter. I generally go with the wipe off with a paper towel/napkin first myself, but not anymore!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Hey Bearca, where have ya been? Everything all right with ya?

Meemo said...

I have a kid who likes to eat a bowl of peanut butter. Such a mess. So next time, I'm going to lick the whole bowl instead of leaving it in the sink for a couple of days.