Thursday, March 13, 2008

pros and cons

Things I Have Gotten Really Good At Since Having Two Children:
  1. Bribing older child with fruit snacks to get him to cooperate while I attend to younger child's need for food and diaper changes.
  2. Bribing older child with excessive television to get him to cooperate while I attend to younger child's need for food and diaper changes.
  3. Playing soccer with older child while carrying young infant in a Baby Bjorn.
  4. Emptying the dishwasher while carrying young infant in a Baby Bjorn.
  5. Cooking dinner while carrying young infant in a Baby Bjorn.

Do you see any themes emerging? When #2 comes along, "bribery" and "hands-free" are the operative words for child-wrangling success.

Things I Still Really Suck At Despite Now Having Two Children:

  1. Cutting newborn's fingernails without bleeding (hers) and emotional trauma (both).
  2. Dealing with night after night of interrupted sleep.
  3. Giving young infant enough time after hearing initial explosion to finish pooping BEFORE changing diaper (may possibly be burning out my washer and dryer with overuse).
  4. Not eating too much junk food during the day. What? I'm tired and I DESERVE IT.

1 comment:

little miss mel said...

sounds like you are in the thick of things and making headway! Good for you!!

4 weeks to go for me. I'll need your words of wisdom here soon enough. Keep 'em coming!!