Monday, December 17, 2007

yet more proof that being pregnant turns you into a complete and total idiot

I know, I know… I ignore you for weeks on end and then I post twice in one day. What is up with that? You’ve just got to ride the wave when it comes, people.

Anyway, remember how pregnancy rendered me mentally unfit to operate the fax machine at my office a couple of months ago? Well, today my dizzying intellect appears to have progressed to a new and disturbing low. I went to Subway at lunch to pick up a sandwich. In the three minutes I was in there, I did the following:
  • Searched my purse frantically for my keys, panicking that I had lost them or something, all the while not realizing I was actually CLUTCHING THEM IN MY LEFT HAND the whole time.
  • Forgot where I had parked. I scanned the parking lot for a full 30 seconds before I found my car. Right where I had left it.

Did I mention that these two things happened within three minutes of my arrival? Hi.

Note to self: retract Mensa application.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not pregnant and am still dumb.

I was getting ready the other day and could not find my straightening iron. Oh the horror! I was convinced our cleaning lady stole it -- because CLEARLY used hair appliances are all the rage this Christmas.

Turns out, I had put it away in it's rightful spot.